Friday, November 5, 2010

Less than a week to go

I'm getting anxious.  I'm sure everything will be fine, but having never had surgery I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment.  I'm also desperately trying to avoid getting sick, which is silly, because I NEVER get sick.  But now that I'm so paranoid about it I almost feel like I'm going to make it happen.  I'm also drinking Airborne for the first time in my life (and it's absolutely vile) in my desperate attempt to not get sick.

Obsession is never good, no matter what it's about.  But do you know what IS good?  Beards!  Big, Jim James-type beards!  Got a beard-growing contest going on at work, and can't wait to return in December to see the guys.  We're calling it "No-Shave November".

I've also accumulated a large pile of chocolate from my friends and coworkers that I will be nursing throughout November.  Thanks, friends, for taking care of me.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if I can donate my beard in December...

    There must be some folicly challenged kid out there who is just dying for one!

    ReplyDelete